Thursday, February 26, 2009

9th Day at Charm (Overview Too)

The last day! The crowd today wasn't very encouraging, have to push the sales a lot. Isetan operates until 7pm today due to the sales bazaar that will take place on the next day. We went home about 9.30 something after we have finished packaging the stocks.

My foot soles are really painful, my heels broken yesterday while we were packing the stocks. *sob sob*


OVERVIEW
------------

Some of you might be in awe with questioning mind, what have happened to my semester break.

I actually had a to-do list for my semester break. (I do have, lol) Then Mr Harry told me about his friend looking for part timers for Charm shoes. I have not heard of Charm to be honest, at first I wasn't that sure about the job because being part time promoter for shoes aint easy. Furthermore, it does not sound like a typical part time job.

"Out-spoken, dynamic with vibrant personality students are required"

This is what Mr Harry told me, he gave me Mr Alex contact number and I contacted him. I thought he was freelance agent, to my surprise I was actually talking to the director and designer of the company. I was like.. OMG. After talking to him, I find the job rather interesting and I took up the offer. The pay rate wasn't the first thing in my mind (do not ask me about the pay rate, lol), I'm more concerned about the brand and job scope.

FYI, I'm not interested in typical promoters job, doing monotonous task all day long. If I really wanna earn loads of money, I could have found part time job before the semester break commences. The reason I took up the offer is because I find that the brand and job scope is rather interesting. Of course I'm not talking about climbing the shoe racks, standing for long hours.





(This is the G2000 blouse that I have mentioned. Cute right?)

Working for Charm is something really different. Mr Alex is down-to-earth, supportive and enthusiastic. The best word to describe him is "go-getter". He is very supportive with cheering encouragement and tend to check out our progress from time to time. As well as Is (our abang) too. It's really fun working for Charm, the first time I find that working as shoes promoter is intriguing. I wake up everyday and tell myself that "It's a brand new day today, we're going to achieve better sales today!"

Our job is to promote and convince customers to try the shoes. It aint easy to convince customers who are afraid of heels to try on the heels. The best publicity tool for a product is the product itself. Charm is a local brand and is still developing in Malaysia market. (It is developed in overseas and most of the products are meant for overseas market, with outlets in overseas too) The shoes are really comfortable and stable, not to mention that the designs are very unique. Pricing is very reasonable and worth for the price.


We approach customers, recommend and convince customers to try the shoes. Once they have tried, they feel very surprised and convinced that the shoes are very stable and comfortable. Most of them are shocked "OMG, you sure is local brand? It's so nice!" There was a customer, she was not planning to buy shoes and I have convinced her to buy a "kulit ular" shoes. She was really cute.

"Aiyo kulit ular? Ah Kak dah tua tak berani nak pakai lah"
"Kak, this is the best selling designs we have. Tak ape kak, kak cuba pakai dan rasa dulu. Colour ini senang match dengan seluar atau baju kurung. Designnya simple tapi unique, kak pasti akan suka."
"Ehh, stable pulak kasut ni, selesa bila pakai. Colour macam lawa juga.. OK nak ni!"

It's really to hard to find true friends, same goes to shoes that will fit well. We're not only doing promotion for 9 days but we are promoting the brand to KL customers, we believe that there will be return customers that will support Charm in long term. (Do check out Charm outlet in Lot10 first floor) It aint easy, really. It is a tiring task, yet I feel contented and delighted when customers found shoes that fit them well with best comfort.

For Charm, I do not mind working extra hours. I am glad that I took up the offer. Although my foot soles ache and I have dark circles due to insufficient sleep, I never regret the decision that I have took up the offer. Thanks to Mr Alex for giving us this opportunity and encouragement, Is and many other people who have provided guidance and support.

I have faith in this brand, I believe that in sometime near the future Charm brand will be well celebrated with thriving business. We have done our best for this promotion, I wish all the best for Charm. I will always be a Charm supporter. =)

No comments: