Sunday, March 30, 2008

Worshipping Ancestors

Kinda tired. Wasn't feeling well today, a bit annoyed with gastric. Thankfully, it went pretty smooth today though the weather was sizzling hot.

We started our journey before the crack of down. For the so called "sweeping the graves" occasion, we headed to Ipoh to worship ancestral graves.

I have never seen my grandpa before. But I suppose that my grandpa was a great(x2) man cause my dad is a great man. Well I guess my grandpa was quite handsome too. =P

Somehow, it makes me wonder sometimes..
Do our ancestors know our presence when we worship them?
Do we worship them as commemoration and tribute?
Do we worship them for blessing purpose?
Do they know that we love them?

Grandpa, Great-grandpa, great-great grandpas..
You might not know me, well I guess I might not know you all as well. Just wanna let you all know that I'm really thankful for being given such a great life. It's not flawless but I'll persevere the flaws.

(I'm quite a stubborn person, I wonder if that's the so called "fortitude" inherited from our family)

No comments: