Saturday, April 7, 2007

Pray Hard and Move On..


Yea, after a few days of loafing around the house, kinda bored. These days, I have nothing to do. Well um, except for waiting interview calls? Anyway, we must have back-up plans right?

I've checked the forums, blogs, spent a whole day checking on JPA stuffs. JPA is for students with full A1s. Yea, full straight A1s. Even student with full A1s doesn't guarantee a scholarship. How crucial it is! This is the reality..

Besides, there is quota for the non-bumiputeras. The issue was hyped a long time ago and the fact that we, as non-bumis has less chances than the bumis. So, let say we have to choose, would you choose student with all A1s or with some A2s? Let's face the reality guys.. There is a saying tell us that, getting a JPA scholarship is like winning a lottery.

Competing with the best students among the best in Malaysia, can you imagine how competitive it is? I'm just, a tiny portion standing behind them. People says that "Wow, Val you are outstanding!". When you are in the competition like this, you will actually know what "outstanding" stands for. I'm not as good as you all think..

That day I had interview with 6 candidates, all of them had excellence result in academic. Me? I'm nothing being compared to them. I'm not good enough in my curricular activities, I have to admit that. Being a librarian for about 5 years is just not enough. Oww..

"We actually expect that you will get about 5As, or less," quoted by my mum. (Mum, stop being so crucial to your daughter!) Haha.. Getting the result that I have always wanted is really headache. This is true, if cukup makan, I could just close my eyes and pick any college. When it is more than cukup makan, there are a lot of choices and boundaries out there.

Fail to get JPA is not the end of the world. We all know that the chances are low. According to the statistics, it is almost impossible for students with no full straight A1s, especially non-bumis to obtain an offer from JPA. This is true, but miracle does happen sometime. Meanwhile praying so hard for JPA these few weeks, why don't we move on..

Yea, that's right. All the best to the pre-scholars..

No comments: