Thursday, April 5, 2007

Behind The Scenes

Many things altered. Response from parent, siblings, teachers, friends..I don't know how to face in the spur of moment. Even now I still can't believe what had happened..

I'm not a genius or born with talents for academic studies. I'm totally careless, clumsy and blur. (My mum can certified that, hehe!) Whenever we had government exams such as PTS, UPSR, PMR, SPM, my mum will walk around to temple and earnestly hope for blessing. You know, superstitious stuffs.

If you had noticed, my 2B pencils for exams were all chanted with incantations and red chops. My friends burst into laughter when they saw that. My mum knew that she couldn't help us in our studies, the only thing she could do is pray for us and did all the things for the sake of blessings. I was very touched though. Last year, there was a time when she went to Kedah for a few days. She called home and asked about my SPM angka giliran. I thought that she want to buy 4D, Toto, Magnum or something like that. Guess what? She “put” my name and angka giliran in a temple, something like that. And the interesting part was, the bomoh (what do you call that in English?) will chant my name and my angka giliran everyday for three months. It is something like this..

Lee Yin Wan, Angka Giliran WL071A070. Blessed her with good results in SPM. Blaalaaa...mali mali hom~
(Can you believe what my mum did? Oh my god..)

However, I appreciated all the good deeds she did for me. Although they sound really hilarious though, they were blessings from my mum. That day I told my parent about my result in phone, their voice of gratification was the best reward I ever received.

When I met Miss Chan See Ling, "Congratulations, your dad must be very proud of you!" I was like, huh huh.. I don't know what to say but nodding my head. I remembered that day I went to Cikgu Suzana, she almost broke into tears and hugged me. I will always remember the smell of her lipstick. Hehez!

When people ask, how is your daughter result? My dad unequivocally feels very proud to tell the others about it. Yea, my mum too. All the phone calls, aunties called and asked about my results. For once, my mum could show-off a bit in front of her friends. Erm, not actually show-off lar, my mum is a humble person. When the others said "Wahh, ur daughter so clever!", the feeling of honor as a mum, you know..

The end of secondary school education marks the beginning of a new life. A great result doesn’t assure a great future. We don't know what lays ahead us, but I believe that we are never given a wish without also a power to make it come true. =)

No comments: