Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The Interview

Girl ar, pray more ok.."Amitabha" really works!
(Quoted by mum)

Go there gain experience, let my fuels and toll fee be worthy~
(Quoted by dad)

Go there have fun and return, that's all! You are not losing anything~
(Quoted by bro)

The nerve-wrecking moment had arrived. Today I had an interview in Putrajaya. Yesterday I was had been doing homeworks. It was said that the current issues would the possible interview questions. And so this morning, I woke up at about 6.30am and started my research. (I used to wake up at about 11am)

National Education Blueprint (Cluster School), RMK9, FTA, Visit Malaysia Year 2007, etc. As you know, I don't really read newspapers, well except for the entertainment section. Hehez! Seriously, I'm zeroing in general knowledge and the happenings around. Haha..


"Girl, got free time read more newspaper larr."
(Quoted by my mum)

But it's too late right? Haha.. Right, regardless my insufficient sleep, I woke up and did those topics and memorized all the facts and points. Well, I heard rumors about the interview in a forum. Some said that it will be in both Bahasa Melayu and English language, some said that maybe there will be an essay writing within half hour and all sorts. And so, I went through all of my BM notes, thank god I still kept them in my study room.


I was so tense as I went through all the notes. I had not been using the languages for a long time, about 4 months. Many of the terms I had already forgotten. When I was about to give up, I heard that there are many people out there appealing to get into the interview because unable to fulfill the requirements and was not shortlisted. They wanted the interview so much, but me? Well um, maybe it is not as bad as other people says, I told myself.


I reached there 50 minutes earlier and sneaking around. Some people attending with a huge coat (maybe parent's) and some wearing National Service class uniform. I saw a guy, attaching a tie on it. Kinda weird, but cute! (Have you seen postman wearing a tie?) All of them look so smart, genius-like. I looked around and tried to look for familiar faces. Friends? Anyone from Chong Hwa? Anyone here? Suddenly Suet Yi came in the scene. I was shocked, she wasn't there for the interview but for her friend. I'm glad that I met her. Miss her so much! Hehez!


The clock stroked twice and I was called with other six candidates, attaching a number 3 on my shirt. Both the panels were Malay ladies. We introduced ourselves in BM and then the discussion started in English. "Girls are better than Boys", the topic of our discussion. I was like, what? I memorized all the facts, even the politic facts and current issues! My godness! However, I'm so thankful for the topic because it is quite general. The panels started off the topic giving some gender issues and asked about our opinions. After that, there were questions about us and about our future plans stuffs. How friendly they were! I really adored them! We were like chating and having fun in the space, where I've totally forgotten
how to spell the word "stress". That was a great and enjoyable interview. I heaved a sigh of relief. Phew~

Later on, we went for our psychology test. There were about 280 questions to be answered within half an hour. I think it was to test us whether we are normal after SPM. Psycho test! Haha.. All of those questions were about our interests and hobbies. It was quite easy but the hardest part is to finish them within 30 minutes. And then, the end of the interview
!

I felt great relief after the interview. I went home and as I surfed the forum, I found out that my interview was very different from the others. The others had discussion in both BM and English and with more practical issues. I was so glad that I had great panels and topics..thank you all! =)

I'm exhausted. Trying to relax, get those fact stuffs outta my mind. Haha! I don't know what to comment about my presentation but I'm glad that I had this interview. The chances may be low as it is highly competitive as the candidates are brilliant genius with many As. (I dun think I fall in that category though) Anyway, I did my best and I'll just leave the rest to the God! (,'')

No comments: