Thursday, May 22, 2008

Society Day

Society Day! Been really busy with society stuff recently during semester break. So yeah been a year in college already. It feels kinda weird that we are seniors now, when I still feel like a freshie. (Stay young is good ok?)

Woke up very very early in the morning, I usually wake up at ten or eleven in the morning. (Semester break mah~) Dressed up formally and kinda excited to go to college. The first thing of the day, camwhoring!








Right. I was in the car and my dad drove rather fast so the picture turned out to be a bit blur. I know I'm not good in posing but don't laugh ok? And I have gained my weight so don't ask why I look so plump. Seriously, my mum feeds me like a pig during the semester break as if she's gonna sell me off soon. =(

The day before Society Day. All of us were at Sport Complex setting up the booth for our counter. So much thanks to our cameraman for his pictures.

The Sport Complex.

This is the polystyrene I've done. Nice? (muka tembok~)





I'm not very sure whether the threads are visible. But I think it's really cool! The theme colours were black and silver, what do you think? Really thanks for the compliments though we did not win the best decoration award. All of us are business school students and it's kinda hard for us to do something like talented art students. But still I love our board! Hehe~

Ooooow~ Forgot to mention, did you notice the little guy on the table? He's my boyfriend. Comel tak? =)

So back to the Society Day. So it's been a year in CGS. I joined this society last year during Society Day and now I'm there promoting CGS to the new students. It's vividly emblazoned in my mind, yeah the feeling as a new student.














It was a tiring day and I lost my voice. It's not easy to tell the new students about Career thing like "Hey first year student, you have to be aware of your Career path right now and forge yourself for a better future!"

People tend to think that CAREER sounds like big word and a bit too early to take this into account. When I was a first year student, I tend to think that "Hey no worries lah, everything will be sorted out soon as I count my years in college" Then I realise things will not be sorted out itself, we are grown up pre-adults now and we are fully reponsible for the consequences of our choices.

After secondary school, it feels kinda excited as freshmen. When you approach the college, they will tell you to go for this for one year, go for that for two years, sit for exam, then graduate and get a good job and hallelujah!

The truth is, it's not that easy. It's not like you're going to succeed with the qualification you have. The career path you're taking is very important, whether it suits you or not. When people say that "Hey Accounting course very good leh, high salary later you know?" Yeaaah high salary, good job, good life, etc. A successful career does not mean a career with high salary but with many more elements. And it's not like we are guaranteed a successful career after we graduate.

There are a lot of things concerned. As we pursue our studies, we are a few steps closer to our future career path. There might be turnabouts where changes take place, and some might even change your entire future career. So okay, back to the Society Day.

It was a tiring day. But we were really happy. It's time to go beyond the boundaries and I believe that we are able to pull off more this year!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.. sounds like "jie jie" givin advice to those small "didi" n "mei mei" o.. haha..
well said o =)
anyway.. plus oil 4 ur own future oso o =)

Val said...

LOL. I know what you mean lar, I'm old already.

I dont wanna be old.. *sobs*

Anonymous said...

>_< y say like tat o??
if u're old.. then i'm rili super duper old d lo
>_<

Val said...

= =
now i feel like i'm a granny already..

Anonymous said...

wher got la??
i feel like got sum1 stab me in d heart d o..
so pain
>_<

Val said...

= =
are you perasaan or me?
now i feel like someone is stabbing me at the back lor..


>.<

Anonymous said...

wher got wo??
who so daring?? i go beat tat fellow up ler =p

Val said...

= =ll