Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Secret Dreamland of a Shopaholic

Finished reading The Secret Dreamland of a Shopaholic.

I'm really into chic-lit books recently, love'em! Sophie Kinsella's book are amazing! I would recommend this to everyone out there, even guys. Incredibly funny and humorous. Definitely a good one if you need a good laugh. =D

Two solution when you're facing financial trauma, Cutting Back or Making More Money (MMM). Thinking of how Rebecca Bloomwood saved her money, really made me laugh until fell off my chair. It's more than just shopping as a shopaholic but solving the problems to make both ends meet too. (Reminder: Please wear seatbelts when you're reading Sophie Kinsella's book)

Makes me wonder sometimes, a shopaholic like me. You know, how I'm going to be like after I have got myself a job? Having a complete set of Juicy Couture bags which with lot of debts? (In case you don't know, an authentic Juicy Couture bag costs about RM 1k+)

It's kinda true you know. When you go to a shopping mall and plan to shop, you can't really find things you like. But when you're in need of cash in critical time, here come the SALES! It's a kill when you see things are tagged at 50%-70% discount being compared to the price you bought a while ago.

Hmm~ Okay, make it this way. Guys should know the Suave brand right? My mum loves to buy my brother Suave formal attire, well of course my brother has to bear with my mum's choice although he doesnt seem to like them. Cerewet betul. He tends to buy pricey clothes from brands like G2000 which are damn expensive. (Next time wash your G2000 yourself ok?)





So usually a Suave formal shirt is about RM 40-50, or maybe higher. I forgot how much already but let's assume that price. Sometimes the shirts are sold with a free tie together. During Jusco sales, guess how much is the price?

It's only RM10 for a Suave formal shirt with a free tie!
(It's about RM 11 actually but let's round it up)

With the same price, you can buy 4-5 during sales. If your plan was to get a white shirt, you can get a blue, green, red and yellow during the sales additionally. How nice! Seriously, even a cheap shirt in pasar malam will cost you about RM 15. You can replace your attire with Suave formal shirt (with a free tie too) everyday, even as your pyjamas. It's something that is alluring for everyone if you love shopping but sometimes you'll hate it when it comes at the wrong time.

Well this does not apply to those who are well off. You might think that I tend to be over sensitive because I'm taking Accounting course? It's not about being so over about the figures but it's a knowledge that I think everyone should know. Whether an accountant or not, one should know about financing money.

There are a lot of things to learn, to live with frugality with satisfaction is kinda hard but it's a challenge! =)

2 comments:

CLF said...

Shopping is an art, you've to learn the art of bargain too.

Last time I went to bargain stuffs, I managed to get half-price but my mother scold me, say I still can bargain lower than that. (-__-")

Dunno what's going on really, I thought can get 50% off is good enough isn't it?

Hahah I've to learn from you bout the "art of shopping" lol. Maybe I can loan the book from you someday. :P

Val said...

= = LOL.

Well I guess you can learn it from your mom, ask the ladies around you. Dont ask a shopaholic like me or you end up like me.

Haha~ Shopping is good!