Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine For Singles

I swear, that shirt i saw was really awesome, love the graffiti! I leaned forward to look closer at the shirt which caught my eyes. Realising wasn't mine, I heaved a sigh and turned away.

Ah..Valentine's Day. That shirt comes with another one in a lovely heart-shaped box. I'm unhappy about Valentine, it's not about being single; but couldn't get one of those nice shirts! They should've designed nice graffiti shirts for singles too; I'm standing up against bias, prejudice and discrimination against singles!! *Argh*

And on my own
its hard to tell my heart it will be alright
that this love it holds will one day find a home
as hard as love can be
its harder still it seems
to be a lover all alone without love
- Clay Aiken

Seems like the whole world is adorned with sweet gestures. Candlelit dinners, dollies, chocolates, dates, it's all about showing affection for love. Unlike the eminence status for lovers, singles ranked the lowest position on this love-flattered day. There's nothing wrong about being single on Valentine's Day, though it sounds a bit pathetic.

Last year in National Service, i celebrated Valentine's Day with my fellow National Service friends. We singles had burgers for Valentine, and it was really heartwarming. Burger for singles! And today i'm qualified for the burger. I'm happy!! ^^
So what about my day? I'm going to get myself a burger, and captivate myself with editorial stuff. Wanna join? =)

2 comments:

CLF said...

I'm still, get a burger for me too!
A Zinger MAX please. :D

Val said...

sure sure
welcome =)

i want ramli burger. hehe!