Friday, August 31, 2007

Merdeka!

Forget about Hubugan Etnik, disregard exams just for today~ let's whip up the celebration of your country's independence!

Celebrating 50th years of nationhood, Malaysia has entered a new phrase in the history. 50 years you know? Our country was just a tiny, unnoticeable dot on the globe. That was when our forefathers fought for our country's independence and everything that's cited in our history text book. (I was not born yet, not even in the process)

"August 31? Yippee holiday!"
That was what I used to think when I was a little. I had no idea how momentous the day of our country's independence was. and yeah, the word "merdeka" signifies the liberty after examination. I wonder, how is it like when our country rejoices the anniversary of independence. Is it just like how we feel after examination?

Year in and year out, it has been quite a lot of concerns and inevitably people is still hyping the buzz these days. and yeah, it's not a fame in any kind. There have always been a lesson after the tales, which are the reflections of our triumphs. Maybe that's what that made us a better nation. You know, Malaysia Boleh!

Malaysia aint flawless. We came together as a blend of diverse races, ethnics and perspectives. Chauvinism, discrimination and fallacy are bound to happen. Think of the good thing about Malaysia, we are who we are. We have our manglish, our mamak stall, our teh tarik.. That's our forte! =)

We are same same lah.
*practicing my manglish*

I'm so going to pass my Hubungan Etnik examination next week. hahaha..

No comments: