Thursday, August 31, 2006

Merdeka

The word MERDEKA to me is about humming "Keranamu Malaysia." The obvious thing that I love about merdeka is holiday!=P Haha! The other one is about having flags flying everywhere. (I'm not really patriotic lorr..hehe!) Hmm, I think Merdeka is about gaining our freedom, loving our country and a day ought to be a day of remembrance. Not to forget, holiday!

It's a time for reflections on triumphs and glories. The financial crisis, the trauma in 1969, etc. Merdeka is not merely about freedom but the struggle endured that makes it more meaningful. Basically this is just what I know because my history sucks. I don't really like politics, Ish~ beyond the understanding of a stupid girl like me. Hehe!

The diversity of people of different races and religions, the beauty of our land (pretty ar?), the splendor of different cultures, friends of different races, this is our country, Malaysia. Despite being multiracial, multilingual and multicultural, we are Malaysian! Malaysia Boleh~!

Happi Birthdae Malaysia!

No comments: