Sunday, July 16, 2006

Friend

Human beings are social creatures. They strive for companionship with others. Almost everyone has one, and almost everyone is one. There's something about a true friend that cannot be duplicated. Everyone has their own definition of what their own true friend is like and what an impact he/she has made in their life. Most of those we call "friends" are just merely acquaintances. People whom we met at school, people who we met at tuition center, people who just drop to say "hi", etc.

Someone asked me, "How many friends do you have?" To be honest, i don't have the answer. Do you? Do you count how many friends u have? I mean, every single one?

Is it really important to have many friends? What is the use when you have plenty but none of them really understand you and concern about you? I have seen people with dozens of friends. I don’t know, but for me I think I don't need thousands or millions of them. Just a few true ones. That’s enough.

We need friends that really understand our soul and help us when we are down, turn us frown upside-down, and make us feel better about ourselves. A true friend is a title held for the few and privileged. The term cannot be thrown around loosely. Not just anyone can be called your true friend. They are people who help you be more yourself.

No comments: